Each year during the 2nd weekend of September, our city hosts an Almond Festival, which takes place on the grounds of a local elementary school. The couple that heads up our outreach department approached my husband about having a booth this year, and he was all for the idea. While we did sell bottled water, our real aim was to talk to people about the Lord, have Bible tracts available for anyone to take and offer people home Bible studies. We held a drawing on both days for a $50 gift card. Saturday’s gift card was for Black Bear Diner, and Sunday’s was for Bed, Bath and Beyond. In order for people to be eligible for the drawing, we had them fill out a brief survey and give us their name and contact information. These are the questions that were asked on the survey.
1. In your opinion, what would be one of the greatest problems in today’s society?
2. 60% of Americans today do not attend church. Why do you think most Americans do not attend church?
3. If you were looking for a church to attend, what would you look for in a church?
4. Do you have a desire to learn more about the Bible?
5. Have you ever asked yourself this question, “Why did God create us?”
6. Have you ever asked yourself, “Why did God put the tree in the garden and then say don’t eat of it?”
7. Would you be interested in a 40 minute Bible study lesson that would answer the previous 2 questions?
We had a lot of people that came by and took the survey and quite a few said yes to question #7. I am thankful and excited for these people that are wanting Bible studies! We also had clear cellophane bags we gave out that included a great Bible study on what it means to be born again, along with some other tracts. There is so much power in the Word of God. God’s Word when applied, will change lives, so I’m thrilled that we were able to share some of the Word of God with people. This was really a great outreach opportunity, and I am thankful for all of our church folk that sacrificed both time and money to make our invovlement in the Almond Festival possible. I’m looking forward to seeing what God will do!