A few weeks ago, we began giving a short public opinion survey to people in our city in the hopes that it would interest some to sign up for a Bible study. Our outreach director got this idea from another church that has been doing this and seeing some good results. Here are the questions that are on the survey.
1. In your opinion, what would be one of the greatest problems in today’s society?
2. 60% of Americans today do not attend church. Why do you think most Americans do not attend church today?
3. If you were looking for a church to attend, what would you look for in a church?
4. Do you have a desire to learn more about the Bible?
5. Have you ever asked yourself this question, “Why did God create us?”
6. Have you ever asked yourself, “Why did God put the tree in the garden and say, “don’t eat it”?
7. Would you be interested in a 40 minute Bible study lesson that would answer the previous two questions?
We have done this survey going door to door and also have given it to people in the parking lot of Wal-Mart and grocery stores. God is beginning to open doors, and there are people that have signed up for Bible studies. I had the privilege on Monday of teaching a lady who took the survey and wanted a Bible study. I was not the one who gave her the survey, so I had not met her before the Bible study. Our outreach director gave me her number so I could contact her. We had a good Bible study, and I asked her at the end of the lesson if she would like me to come back and teach more. She said yes! I’m excited about this and the other Bible studies that are going on as well. I know what Bible study did for me. God’s Word is powerful! It changed my life, and I have seen it change many lives. I’m looking forward to seeing the souls that will be saved and radically changed from hearing and application of God’s Word!