Each item represents how Jesus’ body was prepared for burial.
Cans of Crescent Rolls
1. Open can of crescent rolls and separate into triangles. The rolls
represent the linen wrapping used in covering the dead.
2. Dip and roll one marshmallow – representing Jesus’ body – into melted
butter. The butter represents the oils used in anointing the dead body.
3. Roll the marshmallow in the sugar/cinnamon mixture. The mixture
represents the spices used in burials.
4. Place the marshmallow in the center of the crescent triangle. Fold and
pinch the edges tight. Put each crescent-wrapped marshmallow on a
slightly greased cookie sheet. To make clean-up easier, line cookie sheet
with aluminum foil before slightly greasing.
5. Bake the rolls as directed on the package. The oven represents the
When cooked, the marshmallow melts leaving only the puffed crescent
This demonstrates how Jesus rose from the dead. All that remained in the
empty tomb were the linen wrappings.