Tonight I was taking care of that monthly duty of balancing the accounts. I probably should have done this about a week ago but have been swamped with things to do. As I was balancing the first account, I noticed a particular deposit on the bank statement that I did not have in the check register. I began looking through some deposit receipts, and lo and behold, there it was! I always put a check mark on the deposit slip after recording it in the check register, and this deposit slip was not marked. Hallelujah, we have more money than we thought we did! My husband was very happy. It turns out that on this particular day, there were 2 more deposits that never got recorded. Now, I can be a little ditzy at times, but I’m usually not that ditzy. Did God allow this to happen for a reason? With having our own building, we now have additional fees to pay such as insurance, gas and electric and water. We’ll also be hit soon with a pretty good size bill from an architect. I’m excited about this blessed blunder that will help us with the bills!
Today also was our first Sunday service in the new building. Everyone has worked so hard to make the building look nice. We worshipped together, heard good preaching and enjoyed being in the presence of the Lord. It sure is nice not having to lug back and forth the keyboard, song transparencies, offering plate, Kleenex boxes and anything else we might need. Since we are not sharing this building with anyone, we are free to have our services when we want to have them. We have switched from an afternoon service on Sundays to a morning service, which I think is going to work well. I didn’t get to take pictures, but my husband took some, which I think he plans on posting on our church website soon. I will post a link when they are up for viewing.
Signing off for now,
the scatterbrained secretary