A few years ago, a friend of mine who was a bus driver at the time asked me if I could come up with some safe driving slogans for a contest he was having at work.(I love doing stuff like this. Maybe I should have gone into advertising.) I had completely forgotten about these, but came across them yesterday when I was looking for something else in our computer files. I thought I would share these here for the benefit(and possibly a chuckle or two) of my daughter and any other new drivers who will be getting a license soon.
Some Safety Slogans
1. As a matter of fact, I don’t own the road.
2. Stay Alive – Think and Drive.
3. Driving like there’s no tomorrow is likely to produce that result.
4. Reckless driving just may be your ticket to some place out of this world!
5. Got indicators? Got brakes? Got a license? Got insurance?
6. Speed – some it thrills, some it kills.
7. Crash Go The Chariots! – when traffic signals are ignored.
8. Hit and run was meant for the ball field.
9. Don’t be the driving force behind traffic accidents.
10. Having a license doesn’t make you a safe driver, any more than having a lottery ticket makes you a millionaire.
11. Practice sensible acts of driving and conscious choices of courtesy.
12. A driving tip for the day ……..yield the right of way.
13. “Full speed ahead” is an expression, not a rule of the road.
14. If you fall asleep behind the wheel, the “road may rise up to meet you.”
15. Slow and steady may not win the race, but fast and reckless is more likely to get you a ticket.