I was tagged by my daughter to do this meme. I’m not going to tag anybody else, and I don’t think I’m going to do another one of these any time soon. I’m kind of tired of them, but here goes.
1. There are only two things in life that I really had a strong desire to become as an adult. The first was a teacher. The second was a writer. I am a teacher in that I homeschool my kids, teach Sunday school and Youth ALIVE weekly and will be teaching a writing class to homeschoolers this fall. I am a writer in that I write poetry, do some journaling and have my blog. God allowed me to become both of these things but not in the way that I had envisioned. His plans were better!
2. I am constantly making plays on words and using synonyms and antonyms to change the names of stores, restaurants, etc. For instance, I may say Burrito Gong instead of Taco Bell or Enter and Exit instead of In and Out(burgers). Weird, huh?
3. I’m not an immaculate housekeeper. I don’t enjoy housecleaning much and basically do it to save myself and my family from embarrassment.
4. My favorite thing about homeschool has been reading good quality literature outloud to my children.
5. My name means “song of joy” and I do enjoy singing very much.
6. I have always been an introvert, which has been the struggle of my life. However, God has helped me and continues to help me to learn to love and relate to people.
7. I would rather send e-mail than talk on the phone almost any day.
8. I do have a dream of one day becoming a published author.
9. There is no better feeling in the world to me than feeling the awesome presence of Jesus Christ!
10. I would find it very difficult to exist without a Bible and a dictionary.