I’ve been thinking about the things we do every year that just seem to make Christmas, well, Christmas. The following is a list of our Christmas traditions, and if you would like, please feel free to share some of your family’s traditions. I pray all of you will have a most blessed holiday as you celebrate Jesus-the reason for the season.
Our Christmas Traditions
1. We read the Christmas story from the Bible(Matthew and Luke)every Christmas morning before we open our gifts.
2. We always have lasagna at Christmas, Thanksgiving and Easter. It has been that way ever since I was a kid, and I think it’s just part of our Italian heritage.
3. We listen to Focus on the Family Radio Theatre’s version of A Christmas Carol. It is the best version of A Christmas Carol that I have ever heard, and I never grow tired of it. It’s especially good to hear on my brother-in-law Mike’s awesome stereo system.
4. I have 3 brothers and 2 sisters. My sisters and I are married and my youngest brother is married. We do a grab bag every year and draw one person to buy for, so we don’t go broke trying to buy a gift for everyone. This year I had my brother John in the grab bag. I haven’t found out yet who has me.
5. Christmas Day afternoon and evening is spent at my sister Karen’s house. I’m not sure how this started, but before we gather to open the gifts, I always yell out, “Oh for crying out loud, let’s open the gifts!”